This is not fictional!

(3/28/2009 06:08:00 PM)

Quoted verbatim from the April 2009 issue of Reader's Digest. It is hoped that the following advice will be useful to others in the same predicament.

From the Ask Aunty column:

Dear Aunty, 

You've probably heard of Stephenie Meyer's best-selling novel Twilight, which has now been adapted into a movie. I am completely obsessed with the character Edward Cullen. Usually when I have a crush on a guy, I get over it in a couple of days. But I am totally crazy into this character and its driving me crazy and he doesnt even exist! I'm starting to wish all guys were like him (except for the vampire bit). I know I won't find anyone like him. I know this is wrong but I'm completely distracted. I can't concentrate on anything. What do I do? 
Bewitched


Dear Bewitched,

In the novel, Ed is strong and protective, not to mention psychic in being able to hear what others are thinking. He's a cool character, but that's really all that he is, a fictional construct. The same goes for the movie. Just like the millions of teenage girls and even adult women out there, you may be identifying with Ed's girl, Bella Swan, who has his heart and the ability to change him. I don't think it's wrong to enjoy a book or a film so much that you're distracted but wanting the guys you meet to be sensitive vampires is. Find a guy whom you like and/or who likes you. Get him to play Ed for a week. Bet you'll fall all over yourselves laughing. 
(emphasis mine)

Hmm, interesting response... might be worth a try...



Disclaimer: Not to be taken as an indication that the general 08S6H population is addicted to Edward Cullen, nor that anyone is that crazy over said character.



by Indeterminate