last day of school

(10/29/2008 05:16:00 PM)

For a change, I shall break into the monopoly of LKY Pte Ltd in an attempt to provide competition in order to ensure that they uphold the high standards that us, the consumers, are entitled to.

The source of my annoyance, of course, is the factually inaccurate invocation of my name. While I suppose it means nothing to everyone, I am rather fond of the relatively clean reputation it possesses and am thus resentful of these accusations being leveled against my person.

I realize, however, that the wrath of the LKY (post-merger) is not very wise to provoke, quoting the ancient chinese proverb 'fu qi xie li, qi li duan jin' (ie a couple working together can even break gold). Therefore, I can only humbly appeal to their better nature in the hope that they will vindicate me from the bizarre accusation regarding maggot flatulence.

Today did seem a day when we came full circle as 6h, considering that we revisited the same classroom (A317) that we first did when we met ms lim and each other for what I assume to be the first time. A sense of longing hung in the air, possibly because we were filled with the desire to go back to that day in January when we were young, cute, and innocent, but more likely because mrs tan had provided us with two absolutely heavenly cakes. (Mrs Tan, if you read this, I absolutely salute your taste in food.)

It's quite sad to think that so many of the teachers who taught us are going to leave us next year. If the rumours/speculations are to be believed(do you think they really are?), these are our teachers for next year:
  • Physics- Dr Lim
  • Chemistry- Mrs Tham, though Mr Sam Lee will be teaching us for the first month or so
  • Maths- Mr Dennis Yeo
  • Econs- Mrs Veronica Chua
  • GP- Ms/Mrs Lucy Lee

    While we should probably offer them our congratulations, considering that their insurance premiums are likely to fall together with their new likelihood of them contracting problems related to elevated blood presure levels, I think it fair to offer them our thanks as well.

    I think they truly deserve to be honoured as people with great tolerance and forbearance. (Otherwise, they would have killed us/themselves a long time ago. No matter what might be said about them, it is true that they were all quite willing to help us(take this as a belated thank you for all the answers I got to my questions, being the noob that I am).

    I am starting to ramble, I know, but I really appreciate the standard of HCI teachers. I feel that I've actually learnt things from their lessons (not intended as an insult against the educators in my previous schools, since I *did* learn from them as well). And, at least for some teachers, there was really a close relationship between the teacher and the class.I mean this in the sense there is a sort of understanding between all parties involved, such as how our (admittedly intolerable) noise levels are seen as enthusiasm by mrs tan. (Perhaps the chocolate cake have sweetened my words. But, well, who's complaining?)

    But well, all good things do come to an end, don't they? Hopefully they won't miss the cute and adorable class of 08s6h too much (and vice versa), and that they enjoy the times ahead. Continuing in the same vein, I of course hope that next year will be an even better one than this year. And well, no matter what, we *did* survive this year (relatively) in one piece, so the future looks good.
    by tgcxr