a sense of humour

(4/14/2008 05:25:00 PM)


For those who can't read what it says...
"The link you are accessing has been blocked because it contains content belonging to teh category of: Comics, Humor, & Jokes"
Nevertheless, I still managed to find a couple of jokes for stress relief. Note that, however, these jokes are likely to only make sense if you are in the know (ie are a chess player), although I will explain them because I currently feel like being pedantic.
1. Two chess players are playing a correspondence game. White lives at the South Pole. Black lives at the North Pole. The postal service is rather slow and play proceeds at the rate of one move per year. After 15 years of play, white makes a daring queen sacrifice, the consequences of which are by no means clear. A year later, as he sees the postman returning, he is very excited. He thinks "Will black take my queen ?", "Is the sacrifice sound ?". He tears open the reply and sees "Jadoube".
(Note: Jadoube means "I adjust" and is normally used when players are adjusting their pieces. This is because there's a touch-move rule in chess.)

2. Q:How do you move your King back through time?
A:Easy, move him to B4.
(Note: B4 is a square on the chessboard.)

Source: http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/2004/12/chess_jokes.htm
by tgcxr